Finishing Up in Ecuador

I'm coming to the end of my time here in Montañita, Ecuador and it has been a great experience.  I haven't traveled around and visited famous sites or been to any museums.  The furthest I have gone is to the beach and national park 1 hour away.  Most of my time has been spent on the acre or so within the fence of Casa Cacique, but the time has been filled with learning- in class and in conversation- and creating/experimenting with different teaching ideas.  I am really excited to find a place to put these into practice.
However, there has also been time to relax around the pool, hike, go to the beach, swim, go dancing, and listen to music.  Here are a few pictures to give you a sense of what we might see on any given day.

A frog in the swimming pool-again!  We had to save one
 every other day or so.  photo: Jamie Sheets

Maracuya-looks gross, but tastes deliciously sour.



On a hike nearby-notice the baby hanging out to dry.


Crazy tram weaving down the highway (in the path
of oncoming buses and other traffic)




Beachfront hotel


Sunset-finally, a sunny day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving in Ecuador