Working, working, DANCE

Montañita

Week 2 is over and we are all working harder than ever.  We have done several observed classes of 40 minutes (which has been a challenge for me since I have never taught such a short class and it is difficult to really delve into a topic and answer all of the students' questions.)  The brevity of the class has forced me to really focus on exactly what I want students to get out of that time.  We have the schedule which I mentioned previously, but we also have a language analysis due every Monday morning which means that our weekend is not completely free.  Of course some trainees get the assignment done early, so they can play the rest of the time.  Others party early and then spend all day Sunday working.  I am in the middle; I work on it Friday before going out and then finish it over the next couple of days.  It helps that I am an early riser.  Only one other person is and the 2 of us have quiet time in the morning with access to all of the computers and resources.  By the time others get up for breakfast, I have put in a couple of hours of work.
So, of course, I went out dancing on Saturday.  First we went to a club which offered free drinks to women.  After the first sip, I put down the blue Kool-Aid with vodka drink and just enjoyed the good dance music.  We later found out that this place doubles as a local brothel!  Next we went back to Caña Grill where we had gone the weekend before.  The same live band plays for an hour every weekend and then a DJ plays a wide variety of dance music.  This is the place that gives out free shots of tequila while the live band is playing and there is no cover.  It's probably the best dance place here and is now on everyone's list of favorite clubs.
Sunday the sun finally came out, so I went down to the beach with another woman around 10 before all of the drunken revelers from the night before made their way down there (except for the ones who passed out on the beach.)  We walked along and watched another trainee surf.  He just learned how and is inspiring me to consider a surfing lesson.  I'll be sure to post if that happens.  Then we came back and swam in the pool here before eating lunch and starting on our homework.  An hour after we started working, the clouds rolled in again, so we were very happy that we had taken advantage of that opportunity.
Now I'm off to finish my lesson plan for tomorrow.  I finished my language analysis earlier. :-)
Ciao

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving in Ecuador